This past weekend I went to Leiden in The Netherlands to visit the city. One of our friends told us it was a "really cute" city so Lauren and I decided to take a trip there and see for ourselves! Above is a map of the Netherlands where you can see my city Arnhem and Leiden as well.
We left on a train at 6 pm on Friday and arrived in Leiden around 8. We stayed with two friends Tommy and Jordan who lived right in the main shopping district of the city. Their flat was so great and they were very accommodating. Friday night we decided to stay in because we were really tired, but then three Polish people arrived so we decided to stay up and chat with them. It ended up being really fun and we got to learn about each other's culture and also share a few drinks. Turns out the Polish really enjoy their vodka! Here is a picture of Lauren and I with our new Polish friends.
Saturday night it was Jordan's birthday and he had a big party at the flat. There were people from everywhere - Poland, France, Germany, Ireland, Hungary, Taiwan and more! I made a ton of new friends and had a great time. Here is a picture of me singing karaoke at the party and the French guys behind enjoying the tunes! After the party we went to a local bar in Leiden to keep celebrating and we met even more people. We got to dance a lot and listen to some great music too. Here is a picture of us and Jordan the birthday boy. Lucky guy! :-P
Overall our weekend was absolutely perfect! I had an amazing experience and it was so much fun to meet people from all over the world. I can't wait to go back again! And now we are planning to visit our new friends in Paris and Poland! :)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!
XO Sarah

Sarah, you look so happy! How wonderful for you to be able to experience all that you have been. What a great opportunity! I think you are the most beautiful young woman there. I love you, honey. Auntie Beth
ReplyDelete