Wednesday, September 8

My Birthday in Arnhem

Today I turned 22 in Arnhem! My birthday started when I got a surprise at midnight when my friends came to sing Happy Birthday to me. There were even balloons on my door :) After some much needed sleep, Lauren cooked breakfast for me this morning (French toast and eggs!) and also bought me flowers. It was so wonderful and even though it rained, my morning was perfect. I had class until 3 today, and after that we went to dinner at one of our favorite places in town. The restaurant is called Ask De Chef and it's Asian cuisine with a really great atmosphere - it's decorated in hot pink and black. After dinner about 15 of us hung out downstairs and played card games and had a few drinks. Lauren bought me a chocolate mousse cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday again. My friends here are so great and Lauren really made the day special for me. The only thing that would've made it better is if my friends and family were here from home, but I was thinking of you all.

This weekend we are keeping the celebration going by heading to Amsterdam. It's also 'Open Monuments' weekend which means there is free admission to monuments throughout the Netherlands! I will be sure to take lots of pictures and update you.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! Love and miss you

XO Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment