Yesterday I went to the city center to run a few errands and ended up walking around for a while and getting some great pictures. I wanted to show you what my cute city looks like :) Arnhem is the capital city of the province of Gelderland in the Eastern part of the Netherlands. Its name was derived from the Dutch word meaning "home of the Eagles" because there used to be many eagles in the forests of Arnhem. Now the metropolitan city has around 150,000 residents. The picture on the left is Eiusebius Church in Arnhem. It's under construction right now which is why you can see all the scaffolds up around the tower. Near the church is this large fountain which is in the picture on the right.
As I was walking around the city I found this small park. It had a few statues and some beautiful landscaping. It would be a great place to spend an afternoon. There was a bike path through the center of the park. Looking into the city there were great views of buildings along the road. Here are some pictures of what I saw.
This is me on a bench in the park in Arnhem!
This weekend Lauren and I are heading to the city of Leiden for some more adventures in the Netherlands. Can't wait to tell all about it!
XO Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment