Today was my first day of class at the HAN Business School in Arnhem! I had one class from 8:45 - 12:00 and it was Dutch Culture and Language. Obviously classes here are very different from the U.S. since I only have each class once in a week, but it is 3 to 4 hours long. I got to speak some Dutch today and learn very basic phrases. They make a lot of noises with their throats which is a difficult sound for me to make. Still need some practice!
After class Lauren and I went with some friends to the city center to walk around and get dinner. The center is about a 10 minute bus ride away and it has tons of shopping, restaurants and bars. We've been going there a lot to hang out and for the nightlife on the weekends. Today we were really looking forward to getting ice cream there - but it was closed after dinner! We've been on a mission to find good ice cream so we plan on going there tomorrow to try again. Tomorrow I have class from 12:45 to 5:30 - Business to Business Marketing. Four hours of the same class might be rough.. I'll let you know how it goes :)
Off to bed now. Good night!
XO Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment